Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Spicy Crescent Hamburgers

I bought a few too many tubes of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Those things expire. Anyway, I was trying to figure out how to use them up in a dinner entree. My Mom used to make a Chicken one with water chestnuts and a few other things, that I don't remember. I also bought some ground beef from Trader Joe's. I was going to make Tacos but we have had them weekly for about 5 weeks straight and well, I'm tired of tacos. So wha-la I created Spicy Crescent Hamburgers. This way I use up the rolls, use the ground beef, and still have a little spice in my meal. This recipe will serve 4-8 depending on the appetites of the people you are serving or sides you will be serving with it.

Spicy Crescent Hamburgers

1 Pound 15-20% Fat Ground Beef
1 small can green chili's
4 oz Pepper Jack Cheese cut in small cubes
garlic salt, pepper, whatever seasonings you like to taste

1 tube Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese (stack them and then cut the into 4, you should have 16 small pcs.)

Mix the top four ingredients well and form into 8 patties. Try to bury cheese chunks into meat as best as you can. Put in 'frige to chill. (I heard a rumor that if you chill the meat before cooking it makes it really moist.)

After a while pull the patties out of 'frige and fry them up in a pan. Brown both sides. I didn't time it but don't cook them all the way done.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Open container of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Unroll and separate the 8 triangles. Place a small slice of the pepper jack cheese on the larger part of the triangle. Place one patty on top of that. Then top patty with another small slice of the cheese. Carefully pull the 3 points together to the top of cheese topped patty. Do this same thing for all ingredients. Pop those little goodies in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.

Once cooked pull them from the oven and serve with any of the things listed below.

Oven baked french fries
My Mediocre Version of Tiger Fries (posted at another time)
Lettuce salad
Potato salad
Baked beans
The possibilities are endless, I was kinda lame tonight and served mine with pickle slices and decorative ketchup on my plate.

Robby really liked this! He liked the spiciness of it all. You could change this recipe to a non spicy version by substituting chopped onion for chilis and cheddar for the Spicy jack. Again the possibilities are endless.

Try it you might LOVE it! I will be making this again soon. I still have more rolls! Ha. And it really was tastee!

No comments: