Monday, April 14, 2008

Marinades for Meat or Chicken

I bought two Tri-tips at the market. One was $5.33 and the other $5.01! Only $1.99 a pound!!! Thank you Ralph's Markets! If only gasoline and diesel were that price again! );

I have been making my own Teriyaki sauce for the last decade or so. I love it! It is good on Meat or Chicken.

Teriyaki Marinade

3/4 cup Soy sauce
1/8 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 1/2 tablespoons Clover Honey

Mix together and use as marinade. I put my Tri-tip in a Ziploc bag and pour marinade over. I press all air out of bag, zip it, and refrigerate overnight or put it in the freezer.

One of the gals I used to work with made marinades with Orange juice. She rattled off how she did it. I never did get the exact recipe written down, but have tried many an OJ creation. This is one I like to use.

Orange Maple Marinade

3/4 cup orange juice
1/8 cup Maple syrup
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon Cajun Seasonings
one small onion sliced thin

Mix above together and use as marinade. Place Meat or chicken in a Ziploc, pour marinade over. Place the onion slices over meat or chicken Press the air out the bag and refrigerate overnight or freeze for a later use.

No comments: