Sunday, April 13, 2008

Strawberry Margaritas

Last weekend, I bought 4 pounds of Strawberries. Ralph's Markets had them 4 lbs for $5.00, I could not resist the sweet red gems. I panicked a bit once I bought them, thinking I must not let them go to waste. I had decided that at least one box would turn into Chocolate Covered Strawberries. So when I got home from the market, I searched the web for recipes including strawberries. I found one for Strawberry bread, a trifle, shortcakes and some other weird ones I would never try.

Anyway, on Sundays we go to my Boyfriend's Dad's house for family dinner. I heard there was going to be a Taco Bar. I don't drink often at all and a Strawberry Margarita sure sounded refreshing and sweet. I cleaned and chopped my berries. Got my clear plastic cups and lids from the cabinet and started to get my Margaritas ready for blending. Here is my recipe...

Strawberry Margarita

Orange Juice
Strawberries
honey (from our friends hive)
Margaritaville Silver Tequila
Bols Triple Sec
Ice

I used 2 of my clear cups full of ice, 1 cup worth of berries with orange juice poured over them, 1 cup half Tequila and half triple sec, and a heaping tablespoon scoop of honey. Blended it and then poured it into my four cups, put the lids on and put them in the freezer. I had one with the tacos and I have to say it was AMAZING. My friend topped hers with a bit more tequila and enjoyed two!

*For my friends who do not drink, omit the alcohol and add more orange juice.

Omitting the alcohol and adding a little yogurt! This combo would make a delicious smoothie!

No comments: