Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chicken Curry Style Pot Pie a la Crescent... no curry

This is an experiment. I have been craving Chicken Curry. So I bought chicken and broccoli at Trader Joe's last night. I baked my chicken in the oven with Garlic Salt and Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle. I steamed my broccoli over the stove and I below is what I made.

Chicken Curry Style Pot Pie a la Crescent... no curry, no mayo, no lemon juice

2 cooked chicken breasts shredded or chopped into bite size pieces
1 bag broccoli steamed
4-8 oz cubed Pepper Jack Cheese
2 cans 98% fat free cream of chicken soup

One roll Pillsbury Crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray the bottom of a pie plate with oil. Layer chicken and then broccoli, chicken and then broccoli until you have used up those ingredients. Strategically place cheese cubes where you thing a cheese part need to be. Bury all of that with two cans of cream of chicken soup. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes or cheat and microwave for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven or microwave. Open crescent rolls and separate. Start with the wider end of triangle place rolls like slices of pizza around the pie plate as if making the shape of a pizza, sealing the first four ingredients in. Use all the rolls as long as top covers. Bake left over rolls or use them for Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings at thepioneerwomancooks.com for dessert. Bake an additional 15 minutes until top has browned.

Remove from oven and serve and eat it and like it!

No comments: