Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Cake

I love baking. Others don't like it so much because I bring it to work. I once was accused of "bringing cakes to work to make co-workers fat like me", she who said it no longer gets to enjoy my cakes anymore as I don't work with her and after 15 years I realized she was not a friend. Baking relaxes me and it makes me happy to be able to share these creations with people. If the baked good ends up being their breakfast or a snack for the day, mission accomplished!


Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Cake


One box Spice Cake mix
One packet Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
1/2 cup lowfat milk
1/2 cup olive oil
3 eggs
cinnamon

One packet Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
Cinnamon Sugar
Cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the bottom of a 11 x 9 inch disposable aluminum casserole tin. Spray the bottom with non-stick spray.

In your mixing bowl combine, cake mix, oatmeal, milk and oil. Mix. Add cinnamon and mix again. Add eggs one by one and mix after each addition. Pour half of the batter into tin. Sprinkle half of oatmeal packet, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and cinnamon. Pour the remaining batter over oatmeal layer and then sprinkle a little more sugar and the other half of the oatmeal on the top.

Bake for about 45 minutes. Toothpick test. Once cooked, allow to cool. Serve with fresh fruit and coffee or tea. Enjoy.

No comments: