Friday, May 8, 2009

Roasted Zucchini and Carrots

Trader Joe's had Zucchini Squash. I couldn't resist. I know in just a few short months, my Dad's garden will have an abundance of the green gems, but I needed a zucchini fix. So I bought some. Here is what I did with it.

Roasted Zucchini and Carrots

Zucchini
Carrots
Olive oil
Lawry's Garlic Salt
Onion Powder
Celery Salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Clean the zucchini and slice into 1/2 inch slices. Slice carrots. Spray the bottom of a casserole dish with cooking oil spray. Arrange a layer of zucchini and carrot rounds on the bottom. Season with the seasonings. Drizzle a little olive oil over the vegetables. Arrange another layer and do the same. Pop in the oven for 30-45 minutes. Check on it at the 30 minute mark to see how the cooking process is going. You want them to be fork soft. Remove from oven when the are cooked to your liking. Serve them up with whatever you'd like.

No comments: