Saturday, March 29, 2008

Quick Morning Scones

So many of us forget breakfast. We shouldn't. We need to be fueled to start the day. I am guilty of forgetting breakfast, I grab a Coke Zero or a cup of Folgers (that is all Rob will drink) and go. The other night I was craving a scone. So I opened the teeny tiny cabinet I call my pantry and pulled out a box of Bisquick. (Sorry scone purists, note the title of this entry says Quick Morning Scones) Digging through the top shelf of my pantry I found my supply of dried goodies and designed my Scone. Yum!

Quick Morning Berry Scones
2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 packet instant oatmeal
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Cinnamon Sugar for sprinkling the tops before baking.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium sized bowl mix Bisquick and buttermilk together. Stir cinnamon and oatmeal into scone mix. Fold in cranberries, blueberries, and mini chocolate chips. Using a soup spoon, scoop scone mix into little mounds and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle tops with Cinnamon Sugar and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy!

No comments: