Friday, August 15, 2008

Figure It Out Dip or Spread

I entered this Dip in PW's Dairy Contest. I have made it several times, but I don't always write down the recipe. The last time I made it, I wrote down the recipe.

Figure it Out Dip or Spread

1 8 oz block cream cheese (softened)
1 cup plain yogurt
1 small packet toasted onion dip mix
1 tablespoon dill
3 green onions sliced in very thin pieces
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp. Lawry’s Garlic Salt
1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated and diced up a bit in the Cuisinart mini prep
1/2 cup monterey jack cheese grated and diced up a bit in the Cuisinart mini prep


In a bowl mix the above ingredients until well incorporated. Put in the ‘fridge. Overnight is really good, but if you don’t have the time to make it ahead, give it a few hours as the flavors need time to blend.

This can be served with pretzel slims, pita chips, potato chips, veggies…

When I serve this, sometimes, I put the dip in a margarita or martini glass and place that on a plate and put the chips, etc on the plate. Excellent presentation. This dip is thick so it is nice to have a spreader available for guests to scoop.

This dip is pretty amazing. People love to guess the flavors. It goes pretty quick, if you have a large group you might want to make a double batch.

No comments: