Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Chocolate Crescent Pockets

I had a special guest in my kitchen today. Her name is Katie and she is visiting her Grandpa, our friend Juan for the next couple of weeks. I thought she might like to hang out and do some girlie stuff, so I asked Juan if she could hang out with me. She came to my house at 6 am. I had made her a little bed on the couch, I left her to slumber and I lumbered back upstairs. Beauty sleep was our first girlie thing to do.

Our second girlie thing was to bake up a yummy breakfast. Yes a breakfast that included chocolate. When I told her what we were going to make she didn't even look at me like I was crazy. We washed our hands and then prepared a "very rich" breakfast as Katie put it.

Chocolate Crescent Pockets (will make 8, or 16 small ones if you feel like cutting the 8 triangles in half)

one roll Pillsbury Crescent rolls
1-2 tablespoons butter
Cinnamon sugar
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Unroll Crescents and place on baking pan. Spread a little butter on the larger end of triangle. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of the butter. Place 12-15 chocolate chips on top of that. Fold the the two larger ends of triangle together and press with fingertips to seam the sides. Pull the skinny pointed end up and press the new sides together forming a pocket. Style the remaining dough from pointed end over the top of fold it, as long as pocket is formed. Spread a tiny bit of butter on top of that and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Repeat until all of your rolls have been transformed into chocolate pockets.

Bake for 13 - 15 minutes. Allow to cool just a bit. Serve and enjoy the chocolaty flaky warm goodness.

After we had breakfast we painted her toenails and fingernails in a Patriotic Zebra Pattern. Then swam all day long, had lunch, Swam more, came home and watched Hairspray. She had a great day and said her breakfast was the best one she had ever had and she would like to make them for her Grandpa.

No comments: