Thursday, October 23, 2008

Beef Stew for 2

I love my crock pot. I do. It is my friend. It makes my dinner. It's not that messy. It makes my house smell good. It's contents comfort me and fill my tummy. One of my favorite things to make in the crock pot is Beef Stew. A few simple ingredients and wha-la, a meat and potato meal.

Beef Stew for Two

a pound of lean beef cubed
Lawry's Garlic Salt
Salt and pepper
6-8 small to medium sized Red Potato's
1 cup mini carrots
1 cup celery chunks
1 small onion chopped
1/4 cup water

Season the bottom of the Crock pot. Place potatoes on the bottom. Put meat on top of that. Season a little more. Arrange carrots, celery and onion on top of that. Season a little bit more and sprinkle water on top. Put the lid on the crock pot and let the crock pot do the cooking! 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 on low. Serve it up and enjoy. We make our potatoes like baked potatoes.

Robby likes a baked potato. I do too. I like mine with butter, chives, salt, and pepper. He likes his...

Baked Potato Rob's Way

1 large baked potato
a pat or two of butter
1/4 cup small curd cottage cheese
salt and pepper
chives if you have them but you don't have to get that fancy

Take your baked potato and cut an x in the middle of it. Squeeze from both ends and kind of mush the potato a bit. Stuff your pats of butter in the slits. Top with your cottage cheese and then salt and pepper. Sit back and enjoy your baked potato! The use of cottage cheese is a healthier choice than the old favorite, sour cream.

Check out LifeasMom.com for her recipe swap. You won't be dissapointed as this weeks swap is Meat and Taters!

1 comment:

Monroegirl said...

Cuz! Have you ever made gram john's peanut butter? I have never tried it, but lately have been thinking I'd like to taste it again. Any ideas on how she did it? Keep up the great work!
Love, Laurie