Monday, December 15, 2008

Almond Shortbread Snowballs

I baked. I made a few cookies that I have not made before. As I child, my big sister would make similar cookies but used pecans. As an adult, I created my own with almonds. They passed the test, my Mom, an almond fan, loved them and ate every last one I gifted her in her tin.

Almond Shortbread Snowballs

1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp almond extract
2 cups unbleached flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup finely chopped raw almonds
powdered sugar to coat cookies

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a bowl combine flour, salt and almond bits. Cream butter. Add p. sugar and mix together. Add almond extract and mix. Slowly add flour mixture until dough is set. Place dough balls on cookie sheet and bake 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, take cookies from cookie sheet and cool on paper towels. Cool completely and roll cookies in powdered sugar.

No comments: