Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pizza Grilled Cheese

First for dinner I made some frozen food from Trader Joes. Rob and I are NOT frozen food people. He ate half of his dinner and I nibbled at mine. Later on, I found myself to be hungry. So I made a grilled pepper jack cheese sandwich on sourdough. It was warm, toasty cheesey and garlicy. Simply divine.

Then, I remembered that I had pepperoni and salami in the deli drawer. The Pizza Grilled Cheese was then created.

Pizza Grilled Cheese

Sourdough bread
pepper jack cheese
pepperoni
salami
butter
garlic powder
salt

Pizza Sauce
Grated Parmesan Reggiano

On a microwave safe plate take two pieces of bread. Layer one side with cheese and salami, layer the other side with cheese and pepperoni. Top one side with another piece of cheese. Microwave for 30-45 seconds. Assemble the sandwich and butter each side. Place sandwich on the pan and grill on high heat. Flip and cook. Flip until both sides are toasty and golden brown. Sprinkle sandwich with Parmesan Reggiano.

Serve your sandwich with warmed pizza sauce for dipping. This sandwich is amazing!

No comments: