Thursday, April 16, 2009

Honey Mustard Chicken

Von's had a sale on salad dressing. Personally, I am a fan of homemade Italian salad dressing. Homemade dressings are not always easy to transport while camping. So I purchased a Roka Blue Cheese for veggies. Ranch for just about everything else. Honey Mustard because I wanted to give it a try as a marinade. The bottle reads Honey Dijon ("that's a fancy word for mustard" hee hee) Vinaigrette dressing and marinade. I used it as a marinade and created this.

Honey Mustard Chicken

Skinless, boneless chicken chopped into square like chunks
salt
pepper
Lawry's Garlic Salt
Kraft's Honey Dijon Vinaigrette dressing and marinade

Salt and pepper chicken chunks. Place chunks in a Ziploc bag. Pour some Honey Dijon onto chicken and massage bag contents until all pieces have been bathed in marinade. Zip the bag removing excess air. At this point put in the 'fridge or pop in the freezer.

When I prepared mine, I took a bag of HM Chicken out of the freezer, allowed it to thaw in the 'frige. I doubled up some heavy duty aluminum foil and made my own make shift tray. I heated up the grill and put my marinated chicken in the foil tray and cooked the chicken over the grill. I cooked it for 10 minutes and then stirred and sort of flipped the pieces of chicken around. I cooked it for an additional 10 minutes and served the HM Chicken over Trader Joe's Rice Medley. YUMMY and very moist chicken!

No comments: