Saturday, September 20, 2008

Beef Ribs

I was walking through the market. Stumbled over to the Meat Department, spotted some ribs and asked for 3 small slabs. I remembered how my Aunt Peg boils them and then slathers barbecue sauce all over them and then grills them. Rob loved her ribs, so I was going to try and recreate them. Below is what I did.

Beef Ribs

A few slabs of beef ribs
meat tenderizer
garlic salt
Mrs. Dash Chipotle seasoning
water

A spicy Rub of various seasonings
Any kind of Barbecue Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet Vidalia Onion, Brown Sugar and Maple and Honey Chipotle)

I filled my stock pot with water, I sprinkled meat tenderizer, garlic salt and Mrs. Dash into the water and stirred it. Add ribs and bring water to a boil. Boil for about 15 minutes. Carefully remove ribs from the beef stock and place on a jelly roll pan. Sprinkle rub seasoning over ribs. Squirt your favorite barbecue sauce over ribs and brush with a brush or use a fork to spread the sauce.

Heat up your grill and grill ribs on low, bone side down for 10 minutes. Turn the ribs over and grill them for another 10 minutes. DON'T forget them on the grill. I made rib briquets. Only a few of my ribs were salvageable. But man were they good. Extra barbecue sauce helped with the extra crunchy carcinogen nuggets.

I served my ribs with PW's Crash Potatoes. Load them with cheese and butter and sour cream and your meal of Meat and Potatoes is done.

No comments: